The Way I See It



November 6th

This morning I met Tim for a 0530 roll time. We managed to get in 56 miles before undergoing laser vision correction. Well, before I underwent laser vision surgery. I used my new bike and she went ...fast. After our ride it was a quick shower and off to Scripps La Jolla. I slipped a little (prescribed) Valium under my tongue. I was a little nervous before the Valium but soon I was giggling. I told Tim the world would be a better place if more people took Valium. I also said I thought it would aid in muscle recovery since I sort of stomped on the pedals this morning.

When the Doctor arrived a few minutes late he asked if I got nervous waiting. I laughed again and said "Noooo" I was a bit nervous before the Valium. I have to admit I sort of came down from my Valium euphoria when they applied suction to my eyeballs. Shortly after Tim took me more with my eye shields and told me to sleep for the rest of the day. I woke up a few hours later and could see pretty well but left the shields on to keep me from getting to rambunctious. I sedated my self with some TV and fell back asleep to TV shows I haven't seen since I had strep throat. "The Biggest Looser" and "The Real (pathetic) Housewives of OC". I like to watch these shows when I am incapacitated because they cement that I really haven't missed anything while I have been busy training.

Around 8:00 pm I took off the shield and I could see. Yeah. My eyes don't hurt. They don't itch. I've had glasses since 4th grade. When I was 18 my vision was 20/300. Now it's 20/10. Nice

Tim's a little bummed to see my prescription Oakley's go. Now I don't have to worry about swimming to Mexico if my rx goggles get kicked of in a race. I can also put my sunnies on top of my helmet when it rains or they fog.

The Oakley's may make a come back but at least they'll be optional. That's how I see it.

No comments: