Tales of Thanksgiving


When the family dog wears running shoes......it's your first clue



Saturday November 17th Tim and I packed up the car and headed to Northern California. Well, it's what we call Northern California. The Bay area to be more specific. We arrived with plans to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with  Tim's Mom, Dad and  dog "Riley". Loyal and loving Riley, who Tim raised as a puppy. If this was the normal Thanksgiving blog I wouldn't be blogging it so get ready for some super sized reports on gluttony that exists beyond turkey consumption.
By the time the actual Thanksgiving day rolled around I'd be back in San Diego working on Thanksgiving. I'd be giving thanks to family, friends, and the 290 miles I'd ridden in the five prior days. On Thanksgiving day I would be reflecting on the weeks "challenges" and choices made to determine "glory vs. shame"

When we left for Tim's parents house I felt a little "out of shape, de-trained, etc". For the the average American this would be a problem entering the holiday season. The average American loses their fitness regime and gains 5 pounds during the holidays or on vacation. Not so, for Tim and me. We are always one good week of training away from peak form. We are part of a rare group of people who can use the terms "training camp" and "vacation" interchangeably. While Tim and I may be average Ironman  Wanna-Be's  we are certainly not average Americans. I must say it like it that way.


No comments: