Tales From The Trainer


November 8th

Today I multi tasked. Yes, I channel surfed while riding my road bike, a.k.a Princess, on the trainer. I could maybe ride outside but I have been stuck behind the street sweeper one too many times too take any chances. I rode for 45 minutes. I used to ride much longer in the attic of my Petoskey apartment but since moving to So Cali I have become soft. (Yes in the attic......uh -oh maybe that's why I have asmtha)

While channel surfing from the trainer, I came across the Travel Channel show "Passport to Europe". The rather engaging host Samantha Brown took me to Denmark for a snadwhich with caviar and Prague for the largest apple strudel I have seen in my life. Between you and me, I am a little worried about this Samantha. She's always eating. I'm mean shouldn't she be touring the city via bike or runnning the course of the Prague marathon. I know this girl who toured New Zealand on her bike. When she took her boyfriend to Mackinac Island, she showed him the sites by running the course for the 1/2 Marathon. Now a girl like that should host a TV show. .......Wait a minute. Oops I apologize that girl is me. I need to call the Travel Channel and tell them how to have a real adventure. Anyway I liked the part about Prague because I am a 1/4 Czech. Maybe my baking genes originated there. I wonder if I could make a strudel like that. My grandpa emmigrated to Ellis Island when he was five. His family settled in Chicago and opened a bakery. I also get my Alpine genes from there too. You see my great grandmother snuck across the boarder to Austria to give birth to my Grandfather. Austrains are the best skiers in the world. I think they omit the fetal position and assume the tuck position in utero. I'm sure my grandfather never skied. I never knew him as he died when I was a baby. I know his Austrain birth because I was complaining about "Aundrea the Evil Austrian" from the Evil Ski Empire across the street called Boyne. She's actually a lovely lady except she was always beating me by something like ski 3 seconds a run. Once or twice she bobbled when I didn't and I'd take a run from her. On these occasions she'd be sure to ride up the chairlift with me and mention in a thick accent "Jennifer, you know it gets harder as you get older, when I was on the world cup." Great so I am young and in fact back in the day you were on the World Cup I was on the tow rope. One day I had enough. I called her the Evil Austrain. That's when my mom scolded me and told me it was my heritage. I wasn't the one who coined the term "Evil Austrain" The boys referred to her as this. In retrospection I know it was because she dropped them too. .




No comments: