Today Was A Big Day

Today was Tim's birthday. It was also the "drum roll", the ultrasound referred to as the big one. The 20 week ultrasound where important things are examined such as the number of chambers the baby's heart has and the gender. If you want to know. I did. I really wanted to know more about my newest side kick and training partner. 

My appointment wasn't until 11:00 a.m. So I entertained myself with a masters swim and a run through the eucalyptus grove and to the top of Torrey Pines. The 20 week ultrasound requires a full bladder so I drank a whole bottle of water during the 5 mile run. Must say I was doing more of a dance than a run on the last mile, but it was worth it to catch a glimpse of the little one.  Managed to make it through the shower without exploding. Tim got to miss an hour of work for the appointment and we were held in great suspense as all the organs and body parts were examined. Finally the gender was revealed. 

It's a girl!

No wonder I have been so inspired to continue my pursuit of dropping boys and dreadfully admit I can't stop dancing and running to music for teenage girls: Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Pink.  It must be the hormones. 

After that it was seriously time to get my bake on. Seriously! In addition to Tim's birthday we are looking forward to company this weekend and a family BBQ on Saturday of 11 people. Thursday and Friday will be 12 hour plus shifts in the ICU, so no time to waste. It was not one or two cakes made from scratch but three and a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  Usually I spike baked goods with healthy things like Greek yogurt, flax, or to Tim's delight "squash". Since it was his birthday I changed it up and spiked the cake with espresso and the frosting with Kahlua. Of course this could just be a deterrent to keep me from eating it since babies aren't supposed to have caffeine or alcohol.


It could only be more organic and home made if I churned my own butter.


We topped the evening off with a spinny, spin, spin, around Fiesta Island. Baby girl was inspired to go for a swim just like mom. Unfortunately, she is now positioned about as low as can be and I couldn't really bend over. Might be time to trade in the aerodynamic time trial bike for the road bike.

5 comments:

busy mama said...

you are amazing, no other words!

Julie Dunkle said...

Yea yea!!! idropboys.com baby wear up next :)
Congrats!

cindy said...

A baby girl! In the Neuschwander family, girls usually become part of the family either by marrying in or being a family dog. We're so excited!
Bruce and Cindy (one set of the grandparents)

JMoTriBella said...

Yeah! So happy for you guys! Can't wait to see the little one all decked out in pink idropboys wear!

Hope to see you soon!

Maggs said...

congrats!