In Memorance of Uncle Al

Last Saturday my Uncle Al passed away after a year battle with cancer. He will be greatly missed. All biases aside Al Uglow was one of the smartest, kindest, and generous people I have met. When I first moved to San Diego my Uncle Al and Aunt Joanie spent some time visiting. Many of the sights I saw in San Diego for the first time I saw shared with them. Favorites such as Balboa park and La Jolla Cove. My daily run takes me through the La Jolla cove. I never pass through without seeing Al's face and hearing his voice recalling the story of his first visit to La Jolla years prior. Al had commented to a local that "It was a nice little town" and the local replied with a smile "Yeah don't tell anyone." Al chuckled upon his return visit. He didn't tell but somebody sure did.



We'll miss you Uncle Al. Thanks for sharing your wisdom, friendship, and cheer.

P.S. You've given me some great one liners to quote.

Love,
Jen

UGELOW, DR. ALVIN, age 73, March 8, 2008 of Troy. Beloved husband of
Joanie
(Joanne) Tucek Ugelow. Retired psychology professor of Oakland
Community
College and local water color artist. Member of Phi Beta Kappa and
various
local art groups. Survived by sister Pauline (Sey) Leveen, nephews Bob
(Carol) Ugelow, Bryan (Diane) Ugelow, Thomas Yake, and many loving
nieces,
nephews and friends. His wonderful smile, intelligence, and sense of
friendship will be remembered and greatly missed. Memorial Service to
be
held Saturday March 29, 2008 at 1:15pm at Emerson Church U.U. 4230
Livernois
Road(north of Wattles Road) Troy, 248-524-9339, the white dairy barn.
Memorials donations to Beaumont Hospice, 1200 Stephenson Hwy, Troy, MI.

48083 or OCC Foundation, 2480 Opdyke Road, Bloomfield, MI. 48304.
Arrangements by Price Funeral Home, Troy, 248-689-0700. Share memories
with
online guest book at www.pricefuneralhome.net.

No comments: