Summer Solstice!

Seasons change. Days grow long and then they get short again. So when the sunshines the sky is the limit and I challenge you to live every minute to the limit.
It's ok if you can't keep up with me! I go 100 mph until I drop.
Although on Wednesday morning I have found a group just my speed. Summer runs are social fun! In a few years I'll get to ride my bike for the 7 mile loop.
Summer is also the season turtles are on the move. My Dad rescued one from highway 41.
I fed him strawberries, blueberries, and hiked back to the waterfall to release him to find his family.
At the time, I was very proud of my efforts in the rescue and release program. A bit later I realized that my turtle was gone and I wanted him back. The fact that he swam away as quickly as possible was a bit of a bitter pill to swallow. I was a bit sad, however our relationship was good while it lasted. For the record, my turtles name is "Georgie" in honor of Curious George. Thank God I didn't name him Elmo, Hello Kitty, or Sponge Bob. 


No comments: