11 months of....

 
What do you know folks? My brand new home town was just rated as one of America's top mountain biking towns.
 


Gee, I wonder why?
 So my parents are not eccentric, just ahead of the curve. The article says it is a great place to live if you can enjoy/endure 11 months of winter.
Hmm... my math skills aren't that great. I count "one, two, three, four, five, eight, ten." So maybe I'm not one to talk. However, I'm reviewing the stats and it just doesn't add up. Winter includes snowflakes. I have yet to see one fly and we have been here for over 3 months. A year is 12 months. I'm not sure what 12 -3 is, but it ain't 11. O.K? And another thing....the midwest isn't flat!
 
Maybe people just talk. Come to think of it in 1492 Columbus Sailed the Ocean Blue....and people told him the earth was flat.
I've taken sometime to think things over.  After full reflection this is what I know.

It's fall not winter and it is an excellent season for bobbing for apples. Especially when it actually is not an apple on a string but a cookie, shaped like an apple. Apparently, I wasn't supposed to use my hands. No hands, shmands! I have a conspiracy theory. People say these things so that too many people don't overcrowd this gem of a place to live.
Fall is also cyclocross season. Last Sunday my parents both took to the course. It basically all out for 30 minutes of biking with obstacles. I'd say it's kind of like a 5K cross country run, only with a bike. The great thing is that my parents race at different times so I get to come to the event and  cheer lead for both of them. I found out cookies from the Huron Bakery were the prizes so when my Mom was racing I cheered extra hard. I stole one of those orange flags and waved it in the air. My plan worked too well because I think both of my parents will be Cat-ing up a level. I'm certain this will leave them finishing out of the cookie zone. Ahh...you know they are Cat-ing up just because they don't want me to have all that sugar.

No comments: