Shout Out!

Shout out!
This is my shout out to the great week I had.
Seriously, with weather like this it couldn't have been better.
Well maybe if my Dad didn't suffer plague which resulted in me missing my cousin Rachel's first birthday party. It would have been such a great event and a great daycation! Daycation is my new word for the a one day trip were you actually go somewhere.
 
I was even armed with balloons to bring to the party. OK, it might have been hard to make the balloons last from Friday to Sunday. Especially since.....
My Mom popped one on the run  home. I slept through the incident but I believe she jumped 3 feet in the air. Duh! For the record, she says the run transport of the balloons was far more difficult then the incident where we over bought squash at the Farmer's Market. She says while squash is heavy the balloons blow all over and bop you in the head while you run. I say....put a paci in it. Shout out though to Nordstrom's for the balloons because I really did love them. I did not love the man who attempted to put my foot on a scary medal thing ( hence the sad scared eyes and paci in picture above) My Mom put her foot in the crazy contraption and I bolted for the door. With my feet crammed into some Pumas and balloons in hand I bolted for the door. Man are racing flats fast!
My Mom was quick to pay and strap me in the stroller. However, I am not just on the go. I am on the grow! By Monday my shoes were too small and we had to exchange the for some Nike's. Pink shoes are hard to beat. Shout out to the customer service at Nordstrom's for an easy exchange. 
 And while we are shouting out to Corporate America. Three cheers to story hour Monday at Barnes and Noble in the Promenade. 2nd floor. 10:00 a.m. and it is free. Unlike another Children's bookstore who now charges $7 for story h~~~~... let's be honest, story 20minutes.  Well there is even a Starbucks on the ground floor.  Anyway, it is so the place to be. The article that was even an article in US or People or whatever magazine raving about Jennifer Garner and Ben Afflec's superior parenting. Showing Ben on October 6, spending quality time with his kids reading them books at B&N. However, the story hour Mom's swear he went straight to the 3rd floor not the 2nd. There are not even children books on that floor so perhaps celebrities aren't SUCH superior parents after all.

 I don't know if it's really truely the case. Maybe they brought some books up special to the 3rd floor for privacy. All I really know is I like books. I like to read them with my Dad.
 And I love story hour at the library too. So shout out to Santa Monica for having amazing libraries with great kid's sections. Except do not shout out to the one and only one children's librarian who is always acting like she does not like children and asking if "your child is having problems today?" I got one thing to say to her "RIF" Reading is fun. Ok my apologies, maybe toddlers get old.

Anyway after missing my Daycation on Sunday, I was suprised with a Staycation on Friday. Seriously! I was fed, in my jammies, and ready for bed when my Dad came home. Instead of tucking me in to bed, they buckled me into my carseat and drove a couple of miles down by the Pier. We checked in to Loews Resort. I knew they'd find a way to make up for me missing Rachel's birthday. Ok, so my Dad had a conferance and the room was comped but I can dream. I got to stay up 2 hours past my bed time and go swimming. In fact, I got to go swimming three times before check out the next afternoon. My parents paid for dearly when I couldn't sleep well the next night. They are claiming I was overtired and couldn't soothe myself back to sleep. I'm claiming seasonal allergies, teething, and a growth spurt. Hoping they don't think twice next time because it inspired my latest movie release.
 
Pitter Patter Productions Presents.
 

No comments: