Playcation!

You have all heard of vacations and staycations. I've decided this is the year of my permanent playcation. School's out for summer! You say summer is over! Well not for me.
 
 Before I could walk I thought the swings were the best thing in town. 
 
Did you know Wednesday was international talk like a pirate day? Bet you didn't. See the things you learn on the playground with friends.
 
 I have come up with another destination/deviation for my morning run. Genius, I tell you.  It is the play land at Santa Monica place. It's total genius. Here's how to do it. After breakfast and some morning "free play" hop in the stroller for a nap while your  Mom or Dad does the bulk of their running. Be sure to wake up just as you approach the Santa Monica pier, kick your feet to let them know you are awake. This ensures they will not gyp you by turning around at the pier and cutting your run short thus cheating you out of the swings. Kick enthusiastically and they'll head down the pier. After getting your swing on, head back up the pier to the path along Ocean Blvd. Take one of the first lefts and head up to second or third street, the Promenade. From there you can enter Santa Monica place (basically an upscale mall). Locate the Louis Vutton store, to the left you'll find the elevator. Take the elevator to the third floor, the rooftop. Ok...I forgot the part about giving your Mom a baby wipe and telling her to freshen up. If she is really stinky charm the sales clerks in Bloomingdale's or Nordstroms while she squirts a sample of Chanel No5 on her wrists.

 When the doors open get ready to play, play, play!
 I do mean play, play, play! Just think of all I would be missing if I hadn't got my walk on.
 Speaking of genius my Dad passed his written orthopedics boards so my Mom and I went whole hog making cookies (too bad it was already 900 degrees in our apartment when we turned on the oven) These cookies might look like chocolate chip but they are not your average chocolate chip cookies. They are way higher maintenance. First we browned the butter for the dough, then we stuffed them with Nutella and after they came out we sprinkled with sea salt. Let me tell you brown butter is the best smelling substance ever! Mmm. Those cookies were a once in a lifetime treat.
 
 After that we cooled off by heading to the pool. In addition to loving to play, play, play. I love to swim, swim, swim. As you can see I arrived at the pool in style. Car free, care free! I know what you are thinking....the pediatrician in La Jolla said pacifiers should be weaned at 1 year. Guess what? We've got an HMO now. They must not cover the weaning of pacifiers as no mention was made at my last appointment. Unfortunately....the HMO covers shots. Darn it all anyway. 
a
 In other news I really like play dates. I'm quite the socialite these days. We make sharing look easy don't we?


 As you can see my life isn't a fun and games. I do work too. Just look at me. I am performing engineering feats. It was also a great way to keep my cool as last weekend was a scorcher. My parents clearly aren't as bright as me and took turns riding there bikes up there.
 The place to be for those 8 and under was the Santa Monica pier for a concert complete with bubbles and a parachute.
Annika Ruth rocking out!

No comments: