That's a wrap folks!

Well folks the 2009 training is over. The entire point of this week is to relax and taper. I repeat the point of this week is to relax and taper. I will do just that as soon as I finish a weeks worth of work in three days, pack for the weekend, and drive to Arizona. I have such fond memories of last year's race. I am afraid my mind played a trick on me and erased all the difficult parts from my memory in some sort of body mind disconnect. I know I went through rough patches out on that course and I got through them. Hopefully this year will be more of the same.

I think the coolest thing going into this race is the support I have had from family and training partners. They have looked me square in the eyes and said that I am capable of more. Knowing that people I care about and respect believe in me is worth the workload of 100 Ironman races. So thanks guys and know that my best efforts will be fueled by you. If you feel a little fatigues next Sunday blame me. I probably channeled some energy from you;)

I am not sure what I am capable of. Mostly, I just hope to execute whatever I have to the best of my ability. I also have a bit of unfinished business with the back half of the run.

10 comments:

Marit C-L said...

GO GO GO! You are capable of AMAZING THINGS! Believe in yourself, trust your heart! I know that you'll have a great day out there - I'll be cheering and sending ALL the good vibes that I can. Go get that run! :) You can do it Jen!!!! YEA!!!!

Mary said...

You will kill it. I know it :) sad I can't be out there with you again. I can't wait to track you. Have fun and Go FAST like you always do.

Sue said...

Good times in Arizona, make it a fast and fun race!! Good luck sent your way

Caroline said...

Believe! and you will succeed! Half the battle out there will be mental. I can't wait for my front row seat to watch you kill it on the 2nd half of that run course! You've trained so hard and I know you're ready.
All that's left to do now is rest and prepare the mind for it's reward....the finish line... (and maybe the drinks we will enjoy after ;) )

Stacy said...

You are ready to go out and "WIN!" Don't forget to enjoy the day. I'll be thinking out you and sending speedy vibes out to AZ

Cindy said...

Go for it, Jen. You're READY!

Sparky said...

You will give it your all and race as a true UPPER. Go Jen!

BreeWee said...

JENNY!!!!!
I hope you have the BEST possible RELX and TAPER week ever! I hope all that hard work just builds you up all strong and ready to go and then totally prepares you for the best race of your season! I just wanted to thank you so much for your nice message, I am cheering for you (from Florida), ALL the best for a GREAT day in AZ! Go get it girl, then you can spend the rest of 09 resting more :) Good luck to you and your duck! HUGS!!
Bree

Rachel said...

yeah jenny! my sunday's energy being sent your way. have a great race. enjoy your day. :)

Sparky said...

All da Yoopers are cheering for ya.