Christmas Day


December 25th

Despite the air being cold there isn't any snow on the ground. Christmas morning we enjoy mass then we return home to open fabulous things and even some chocolaty things ;) In addition to having great company, I receive the greatest gifts. Not one but two pink bells for my bike. Oh how festive to drop boys with. What a lucky girl I am in oh so many ways. New knickers ( riding knickers that is). Tim and I have exchanged the same gift running shoes. Mine are the most beautiful pair of pink running shoes you ever did see. I take a long look at the shoes. I know they have one speed. Fast. When I tire they will just dance and carry me to the finish. I put them on and all I can think of is my kindergarten teacher Mrs. Movelson and Mrs. Evesheski letting the student stand on their desk when they had new shoes. Oh do these shoes shine.

I also receive a book about fashion by Victoria Beckem a.k.a. Posh Spice. Tim says this is his dad's idea of being outrageous but I actually enjoy the book and study it on the train into the city. I must be educated before arriving at Saks. Goodness knows I wouldn't want to buy jeans that gave me a ( pause for the dreaded gasp) MUFFIN TOP.

Anyway we all enjoy our gifts. I almost get disowned by Tim and surely would have been tossed in the snowbank if there was snow, but I risk my life and give his parents Timmy Baby Mugs. You remember the Timmy baby picture right. (If not check the archives).I figure on Jesus's birthday he'll have to forgive me.


Riley helps out with the opening of gifts and sportively wears remnants of the wrappings. He dutifully does this as he knows he'll get the next gift. Cindy dons her new Zoot tights and I must say they are very hot. I don my new Assos knickers and wow I think I've never worn something so fabulous. We gather Bruce and head out for a ride. I wish Tim could come. I offer to stay home and keep him company but he says no ( so off I go Ho Ho Ho).

When we get home we feel refreshed and energized. Tim's Nana and Gramps have arrived with Seth and Val soon to follow. I spend a little time chatting with my family on the phone then we enjoy a lovely Christmas Dinner.


No comments: