Back to School 2018

1st Day of School. Uniforms pressed and polished for the first grader. For Isaac the preschooler...we'll just settle for pants. Actually Isaac won't wear pants.  He won't wear shoes. He won't wear long sleeve t-shirts or a coat. It's shorts, plaid preferably, shorts sleeves and sandals. It's going to be a long cold winter for Isaac. One would think he was born in California. 
Annika plans ahead and rocks her school uniform with her trail running shoes.When  schools out adventure is just around the corner.
We've taken to afternoon trail runs/rides. Isaac rails the single track on his bike and Annika loves to run ahead.
Bancroft Furnace. Proof there was plenty of civilized life before our time here.
And proof that Mother Nature will take back her forest pretty darn quickly.

Nice place to have a snack.





With a new school year comes a birthday. 7. Already. Seems just the other day I was riding bikes with my gal pals on the PCH looking like I probably should have gone one size up in my cycling jersey. Seriously. How does that happen? 

The passing of the 7 years I mean. We all know how cycling jerseys get too small .. too much chewing not enough turning of the pedals.
For birthday #7 Annika got her ears pierced. I actually got my ears re-pierced too so we could be twinges. I hadn't worn earring in so long the holes closed. If anybody knows please tell me how not to loose ear ring backs while swimming or removing swim caps. I'm all ears for suggestions.















No comments: