Family Reunion

With Tim and I in town, from so far away. My brother Tom, thought it would be a good idea to have a family reunion. He headed north from the Detroit area (People think all of Michigan is like Detroit. It really is not. Northern Michigan is more like Wisconsin, Minnesota, or even the Northeast.) My brother Pete, packed up his wife Renee, my niece Maddy, and nephew Sam. They headed across the U.P. to join us. It was great to see them. I'm sure it beat Pete out of some great fishing but I didn't hear him complaining.

Saturday it rained, poured, and the wind howled. This made being inside with family very enjoyable. Curling up with a blanket and book were ever so delightful. In fact, I thought it might be a nice thing to do Sunday as well. Except Sunday would be the day that Tim and I got up at 4:00 a.m. to go race.

After multiple hands of UNO were played, puzzles were assembled, and coloring had been done, we headed to Mackinaw City to play "fudgie." Yes, we watched fudge being made, and members of my family even purchased fudge. I cannot purchase fudge. It is the sign of a true tourist. The next thing you know I will be asking questions like what time the bridge swings over to Mackinac Island. The Mackinac Bridge is 5 miles long and connects the Upper and Lower Peninsula. Tim and I are scheming to swim underneath it sometime soon. I'll ask swim Coach Sickie for a training plan :)


Tim Freezes
Maddy Watches the Making of Fudge!

During our walk around touristaville it was cold and Tim mentioned we could bag the race. The vision of finishing my book with a mug of coffee in hand flashed before me. It was tempting. "No" I said. We planned to race and we are racing knowing the remorse of the race going on without me would kill me. Although the thought of being curled up in bed like Sparky sounded good.
Sparky "Warm and Snuggly" in his bed!
Pete and Sam ....Helmet in the House

2 comments:

Bruce and Cindy said...

What a great family. We wish were there too.

Sparky said...

I surely did enjoy all the fun and attention. The house is not the same.