VDOT

VDOT is the Vo2 Max at speed. How fast you can go based on your cardiovascular fitness and economy of motion.



VDOT say I should be able to qualify for Boston.....if I train for it.


He's killing me. I've come a long way though.



Good form. Access tilted forword. Chi Running. Let your legs fall forword. Free Speed.






Nice angles. She must be fast. Wait that's me:)




According to my VDOT I am capable of qualifying for the Boston Marathon. I am just not trained for it yet. My VDOT says I can go 3:36.28 (based on my 5 k split at the Encinitas sprint tr after I almost drowned :)








VDOT Running = 43





Easy pace = 9:37/mile





Good for warm up, cool down, recovery run, long run


100% of weekly mileage for 6 weeks/base building (later only 25 % of running)





According to this I have been running too hard:0 Does that mean I can slack a little more?





Marathon Pace = 8:15/mile


No more than 90 minutes at that pace. Steady run or long repeats.








Tempo = 7:42/mile


20-60 minutes at that pace


Tempo/aka Threshold





Interval = track repeats or fartlek pace. No more than 5 minutes at a time


1000 mailto:meters@4.26min





Rep pace = burning lungs





400m @ 1m 40 seconds





Don't go faster than this pace ever because there is no benefit. Aka you at track last summer pushing the pace. It's a good way to hurt yourself and your training partners. Only will your system be stressed.





No refiguring VDOT for 3 weeks. Only increase by 1 unit at a time.





As your father says "Don't hurt yourself"



According to Jack Daniels (and not the beverage) I should try to focus on shorter, lighter strides. Imagine that you're running over a field of raw eggs and you don't want to break any of them. Run over the ground, not into it. Try to get the feeling that your legs are part of a wheel that just rolls along, not two pogo stickks that you bounce along.



No more Tigger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't believe her. Her V-dot is really 23...